cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor XCOM

sundarv1
Guide

we have below xcom running in Linux env. but it is not listed as process under the host.

sundarv1_0-1714805634160.png

How do we monitor this in dynatrace?.

6 REPLIES 6

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @sundarv1 

Please check Which are the most important processes? to understand why your process is not monitored OOTB.

Dynatrace provides the option of monitoring specific processes that is not mark as important process.

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi Yosi

Xcomd process is running in the server and but it is listed in the host level process.

I did do the declarative process grouping and but it is not work.

Could you please provide screenshot how to configure my xcomd in the declarative procees

Hi @sundarv1 

I would try Simple detection rules or Advanced detection rules

Yosi_Neuman_1-1714816444701.png

Yosi_Neuman_0-1714816406500.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi Yosi

I am taking about unix process monitoring. not java monitoring. Please find attached steps which i did and but it is not working.

It was just and example ..... 

May be your executable path is not right? i.e. include also the executable name not only the path?!

Any how you can try other process properties 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1714829544965.png

And finally be sure to restart the xcom process in order to check you declarative or any other process setting. 

HTH

Yos 

Hi,

Remember those changes will be applied when you restart process.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts