question

Jack F. avatar image
Jack F. asked ·

Which AppMon Dashboard Measures to use?

We're trying to standardize and reconfigure our dashboards. Over the years, we've configured certain measures which seem to not give what we actually need.

We're also seeing that there are many measures that seem to be similar to others, and it's difficult to tell which to use.

Could someone please suggest measures that will give proper data for each of the following:

  • System Memory
    • Total
    • Used
  • JVM Memory
    • Total
    • Used
  • Process Memory
    • Used
  • CPU
    • Total System
    • Used Java Process
  • Threads
    • Available
    • Used
  • DB Connections
    • Available
    • Used
  • Disk I/O
    • Process Read
    • Process Write
  • Network
    • Sent
    • Received
  • GC
    • Suspension Time
    • Heap after GC
appmondashboard7.1measures
10 |2000000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 50.0 MiB each and 250.0 MiB total.

Kyle K. avatar image
Kyle K. answered ·

If you search for these terms when you look at creating new measures 90% of them come up no problem. The other 10% I would look at the different categories and that should point you in the correct direction.

Share
10 |2000000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 50.0 MiB each and 250.0 MiB total.

Jack F. avatar image
Jack F. answered ·

I've been working on this today, and have found or created the proper measures for a number of these metrics.

Does anyone have advice on 'Heap after GC'?

Share
10 |2000000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 50.0 MiB each and 250.0 MiB total.

Jack F. avatar image
Jack F. answered ·

I've found that the combination of 'Sun/Oracle Old Gen used' stacked with 'Sun/Oracle Survivor Space used' seems to be giving nearly the same as what we would see in gceasy for 'Heap After GC', with one exception - the Full GC spikes are not seen in either of these measures.

Is there a measure that exists or can be created to show the heap spike during full GC?

Share
10 |2000000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 50.0 MiB each and 250.0 MiB total.