We created a customer sensor group and I'd like to copy that to another installation of DT. I understand most settings are stored in xml files and I'm wondering if I can grab the files for the sensor groups and move them to the other installation.
Answer by Rob V. ·
There are two good ways to do this.
Answer by Asad A. ·
All sensor groups are stored as part of the system profile. To copy the sensor group from one server to another, you can use the dynaTrace client. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Using the dT client, connect to the two dynaTrace servers that you are interested in.
2. Open the system profile that has the sensor group that you want to copy.
3. Go to the sensor group and right click on the sensor group tab and copy it.
4. Go to the other dT server and open the system profile that you want to copy the sensor group to.
5. Paste the sensor group to the destination system profile.
6. Save the destination system profile.
Hope this helps.