How does Dynatrace Mask Sensitive Data? In Which Way?
1. Dynatrace Agent Collect data to SAAS. Then In SAAS Server, Mask Sensitive Data
2. Dynatrace Agent Mask the data locally, Then upload the data to SAAS.
Answer by Joseph H. ·
There is three types of data masking that takes place in Dynatrace.
1) Masked at the point of collection. This data is never seen by the server.
2) Masked at the point of analysis. This data is never stored unmasked.
3) Masked at the point of display. This depends on your privileges and whether you have the sensitive data permission.
So to answer your question, it depends on which data you're referring.
Each of the three different types is described in detail in the link you listed above.
Private Last Mile installation 2 Answers