I found CAS error "No CSS connection" at the first place, I failed to create CSS user using SA in database.
Then I decide to reinstall CSS. However, during installation, there's a message showing "checking failover setting" as attachment.
It seems this process is not going to finish, so I'm wondering how to complete installation?
Answer by Joanna K. ·
It looks like there may be some problematic entries in css.dat file (CAS installer having problem with connection, CSS with checking failover).
So when re-installing CSS, we will try not to use the file.
I don't know wheter you have other DCRUM apps installed on the machine (it seems that yes), but:
1. Stop the mentioned CSS installation.
2. If it is possible - turn off CAS service and Dynatrace Watchdog service.
3. Rename file css.dat in:
e.g to css1.dat
3. Launch the CSS installation again.
A new css.dat file will be created during the installation. Other installers that used the problematic file should not have problem with connection anymore.
4. Turn on the CSS and the rest of services.
5. Check whether you can log in to the CSS. If yes - continue with your installations.