Hi! I'm trying to create AM DB usng DBUtility on version 12.4. Creating DB remotely.
- remote DB DB is SQLServer 2012. Port 51433. Mix mode authetication configured
- AM installed on different machine. I can make telnet to SQLServer machine on port 51433
- user/pass used on DBUtility is the same I used before to install CAS Server. And installation worked fine. So it isn't a user/pass issue.
On DBUtility connection configured as follow:
- Server name: servername\instance_name,51433
- UserID: <username>
- pass: <password>
- database name: SyntheticMonitoring
But each time I click on "next" I get "login failed" error... Why? What I'm missing?
Thanks in advanced.
Answer by Duane F. ·
The database utility supports non default ports and instance names in the input field.
For non default instance names, the instance name must be specified.
For default instance names the instance does not need to be specified.
The SQL Server 2005 backward compatibility installation is a prerequisite for the database utility.
Agent Upgrade from 12.4 to 12.5.3 3 Answers