cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX Alerting

mrc15816
Advisor

We have deployed OneAgent on few hundred servers (Windows & Linux) and the Anomaly Detection (Infrastructure) worked flawlessly. We were asked to start monitoring AIX 7.1 & 7.2 machines and to our surprise we found that Anomaly Detection doesn’t apply for AIX Infrastructure.

We would like to get some guidance from anyone who have created some AIX monitoring i.e. CPU, Memory for alerting?

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

7 REPLIES 7

MichalS
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi, 

In here you have some workaround for CPU alerting based on the host metrics.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/event-types-resource#cpu-saturation

Hope that helps

@MichalS, thank you for the link. Our understanding is we have come up with everything on alerting. I was messing with the metrics and cpu idle vs actual usage for AIX varies so much we can't use the cpu idle.

Hey @mrc15816, how this issue ended eventually?

Hello @mrc15816 

Is there any feedback from your side to share with us?

Regards,

Babar

mrc15816
Advisor

After many iterations we went with generic CPU usage custom alert and Memory likewise, which is still causing false positive alerts, but for time being it meets the alerting part, early 2022 is when we will meet IBM and DT to get more clarity

Hello @mrc15816 

Thank you for the update.

Regards,

Babar

mrc15816
Advisor

The custom alerts served for short time and now we are looking at how can we achieve right alerting for Memory i.e. in Windows & Linux - we are looking at Memory & Swap before an event is generated but we cannot do that if setup as Custom alert. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. 

Featured Posts