cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting for SQL queries

KVZ
Contributor

Is there a way to create alerts for SQL statement that run longer than 1 min for example, in a specific application?

4 REPLIES 4

MateuszKacprzak
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi @KVZ,

It is possible to customize the alerting of a particular database. On the database section you need to go to a database that you are interested in and go to it's settings (click on three dots). Then you will be able to adjust the alerting. You can define a threshold of the response time alerting. It's a bit limited, but you can define that if N % of queries take more than a minute then Dynatrace will report about this situation.

Best Regards,

Mateusz

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @KVZ,

I would do the following.

Create a multidimension analysis view about the slow database statements (>1s) and a mteric about it:

In one of my environment there are many statements above 1 sec...

Mizs_0-1666864472551.png

At least one metric point should be generated in order to be able to browse it in the metrics or data explorer (after than you can create dashboard or a custom alert): dimension would be your database statements. In the example I focus only to the top ten (Limit =10). Slow database statement metric is the new metric which one created from the MDA.

Mizs_1-1666864781991.png

At anomaly detection you can use the build or code mode version of the new metric. eg in this case code mode filtered for a specific DB service (from the Database menu).

Mizs_2-1666865084712.png

At anomaly detection rule:

Mizs_3-1666865206619.png

Here is the preview for a static threshold (1 occurance within a predefined time frame) and an expected red line for the problem (and finally an alert):

Mizs_4-1666865361443.png

If you had an alert you would only check the data explorer (or the created dashboard about it) or the saved multidimension view.

I hope it helps. Have a nice day. 

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

DebrajG
Newcomer

Dear Team,

We are working on  a similar scenario and wanted to send notification which crosses 1 min threshold value. However we cannot navigate to anomaly detection rule. Can you please help us in identifying the section where we can find this option.

Regards,

Debraj

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @DebrajG,

You can create a metric event here:

Mizs_0-1692888884860.png

It will open a problem then you can create an alerting profile and problem notification integration in the settings.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts