cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dynatrace OneAgent monitor file directory and trigger alert if a new file is added

courtney_j_trav
Participant

Is Dynatrace able to monitor a directory on a monitored host and provide an alert when a specific file is moved to that directory? For example, we have systems that require update or movement of data. If the update or movement fails, a file is placed into an error directory to be processed later. It would be good if an alert from Dynatrace can be initiated when a new file is added to a monitored error directory. Is this possible in Dynatrace?

2 REPLIES 2

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I too would be interested to hear what Dynatrace's response is to this.   I've been trying to find a similar solution in which I can confirm that a batch job successfully ran and dropped off the file.   I don't believe this is possible right now in Dynatrace but would be interesting to see if maybe through the collective use of other Dynatrace features this could be accomplished.

HigherEd

mbowman
Participant

It would be ideal to be able to configure through the console.

Depending on the urgency of your need, you could create a script to monitor that location (or even for a specific file name) and then use the API to post the event.  I know it's not optimal, but this could be a stop gap solution.

Featured Posts