cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dynatrace send multiple rootcause nodes in a single problem?

sreedharm
Newcomer

hi All,

I would like to know if Dynatrace can send multiple root cause nodes in single problem? Meaning there can be two events where the events might have caused a problem/disruption to the same applications/services. In this case node 1 and node 2 are both root cause nodes for my service being down. Will Dynatrace send them in single problem? Since I dont see how the structure for that kind of problem will be in the problems API I'm reaching out here to see if anyone has come across/seen such incidents?

Thanks,
Sreedhar

1 REPLY 1

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @sreedharm 

The root-cause section of the problem details page displays up to three root-cause candidates, with candidates aggregated into groups of vertical topologies. This enables you to quickly review outliers within affected service instances or process clusters.

If several components of your infrastructure are affected, a Visual resolution path is included in the Root cause. The visual resolution path is an overview of the part of your topology that has been affected by the problem. 

Please have a look at the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/problem-detection-and-analysis/problem-a...

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts