Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Admin Problem Cards

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Team,

I want to build a catalog of Problem Cards that Administrators of Dynatrace should look at. I am wondering if anyone has some that they think might be good candidates?  I know every company is different so entries may change depending on what you see in your environment.

Here are two that I have so far:

Database connection alerting limit is reached for the tenant "####"

Synthetic private location outage

I hope this helps everyone.  Any docs on this would also be good if there are any.

Dynatrace Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

As I create these types of dashboards at my clients I also involve them in the process:

- I ask them to point out key business services (I don't just want to show them the values, but also by doing so I build specific filters for administrators so they don't have to look for information about will all over the, stack).
- I necessarily indicate HTTP 5xx and 4xx errors (here be careful, because some applications are designed in such a way that such errors are a normal operation - ah those developers:))
- It is worth measuring the queues to see if something is queuing somewhere.
- I often rely on TOP tiles (e.g. WebRequests, etc.), because DT doesn't always catch that as an error, and that's valuable information (especially when you're about to get timeouts).

Based on this informations, you then quickly build alerts.

That's just for quick reference:) What technologies do you use on your environment?

Radek

Have a nice day!

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Thanks for info.  

We have many technologies and tenants.  From an admin side at our company, we look for admin issues like AGs down, Out of licenses, Database connection alerting limit is reached for the tenant.  

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts