cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could dynatrace alert using the DEM consumption metrics 100 * (current consumption / annual limit)

panda
Guide

We have set metric dem.units.monthly.limit as 4k.

using this formula as current DEM consumption.

(builtin:billing.synthetic.actions:splitBy():default(0,always))+(0.1*(builtin:billing.synthetic.requests:splitBy():default(0,always)))+(builtin:billing.apps.web.sessionsWithReplayByApplication:splitBy():default(0,always))+0.25*(builtin:billing.apps.web.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:splitBy():default(0,always))+(0.01*(builtin:billing.apps.web.userActionPropertiesByApplication:splitBy():default(0,always)))+(0.1*(builtin:billing.synthetic.external:splitBy():default(0,always)))

What I want to do:
I would like to monitor the consumption of DEM (Digital Experience Monitoring) for the current month/year and receive alerts via Slack or email if it approaches or exceeds a certain threshold (e.g., 60% of the dem.units.annual.limit or dem.units.monthly.limit).

How could I config it?

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@panda I would recommend making some custom events for alerting (Metric Events) to alert off the criteria you are looking for. Basically if you can formulate it in the advanced mode of the data explorer, you can toss it into the Metric Events builder and define out how you'd like to get alerted on this be it Email, Slack ITOM etc.. 

Let me know if you need any assistance. 

-Chad

Here is the sample: 

ChadTurner_0-1707853907167.png

Granted we left DEM and moved to DPS so my data is null but the method still works and will work for you 🙂 

-Chad

If you are good with defining a static threshold that can be done via the above image. You also stated that you have created a metric being the monthly segment that adds in all those variables, you can always substitute it in the metric event as well. 

-Chad

Featured Posts