cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard for MQ "Custom Device" Problem Overview

Larry_S
Helper

Hello-

We are using the Dynatrace ActiveGate MQ plugin and I wanted to create a dashboard (using honeycomb tile) to show an overview of all of our MQ Queue managers (custom devices) with the cell to turn red if a current problem exists for that device.

Any ideas how to use the honeycomb to do this?

-Larry

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

you could use this: ext:tech.IBMMQ_Java.Listener.ListenerStatus:splitBy("dt.entity.custom_device"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100)

And set it to IBMMQ then add in a color threshold schema via the Data Explorer. 

ChadTurner_0-1648835077040.png

-Chad

Hi Chad.  Thank you, for your response.  Yes that is one of the overviews that I want.  But, what I was specifically, looking for was if a device encounters any configured problems (i.e. Dead Letter Queue messages, full message queues, etc.).

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I believe this is a good fit for an RFE.

Indeed there is no metric available that shows the overall status of a custom device (any type).

You can see if any custom device is with some open problem, doing the filters on the Problem page. You can use tags to this filter , or Custom device Group (if all into the same) and then pin it to a dashboard, but it will not be so pretty as the Honeycomb widget.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts