cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk name filter usage in metric event

Hi Team,

Is it possible to use disk name filter while using metric event to monitor disk availability? If yes, using dimension key "dt.entity.disk.name" would help?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @SrikanthSamraj.

Do you mean disk available metric? if yes, then you can switch the event type to metric selector and the name as well using the below sample and you can change the disk name

builtin:host.disk.avail:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.disk",entitySelector("type(disk),entityName.equals(~"C:\~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.disk","dt.entity.host"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(20)

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Thanks @Mohamed_Hamdy .

My query is in line with usage of metric key to monitor disk available percentage for a specific disk or exclude disks (using a negate criteria) in a metric event. I think that's possible. Attached screen shot of it too. 

Hi,

Is it possible to negate disk name "C:\" using metric selector?

Try this

builtin:host.disk.usedPct:filter(not(in("dt.entity.disk",entitySelector("type(disk),entityName(~"C:\~")")))):splitBy("dt.entity.host","dt.entity.disk"):auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100)

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Thanks much @dannemca. It worked like a charm.. I was actually looking for nix systems.. below one helped me to figure out what I can have..

builtin:host.disk.usedPct:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),tag(~"xxx:xxx~"),tag(~"os:xxxx~"),tag(~"xxx:xxx~")"))),not(in("dt.entity.disk",entitySelector("type(disk),entityName.in(~"/~",~"/dev~",~"/boot~",~"/boot/efi~",~"/admin~",~"/audit~",~"/home~",~"/home2~",~"/mksysbfs~",~"/opt~",~"/backup/Config~",~"/opt/core~",~"/opt/DoOnceAIX~",~"/opt/samgr/systemlogs~",~"/proc~",~"/sys~",~"/tmp~",~"/users~",~"/usr~",~"/usr/local/lrs~",~"/var~",~"/var/adm/perfmgr~",~"/var/adm/ras/livedump~",~"/var/cache/yum~",~"/var/crash~",~"/var/log~",~"/var/log/audit~",~"/var/perf~",~"/var/perf/pm~",~"/var/spool/lpd/qdir~",~"/var/spool/qdaemon~",~"/rpool~",~"/var/cache/dnf~")")))))

Featured Posts