cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace with Jenkins

pmehta1906
Observer

Hello,

We are looking at integrating Dynatrace into our CI pipelines so that all build & deployment related events can be stored in Dynatrace. Is there a way to achieve this?

We use Jenkins as a CI tool today.

We have different phases in CI like unit testing, code quality scans, vulnerability scans etc. Can these information be passed in Dynatrace for dashboarding and detecting regressions between two builds ?

If possible, Please let me know which plugin is available and can be used. 

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Sure, you can use the Dynatrace Events API  to send events from Jenkins to Dynatrace.

These can be Deployment events but also informational or error events from code quality or vulnerability scans.

You might also want to take a look keptn if you want to be able to integrate deeper into you application lifecycle.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking more of a plugin than API. But will take a look at the Events API too.

I have not heard of keptn, but from the first look, it looks more as a quality-gate. Am I correct ?

I am looking for something simpler, where I can know from Dynatrace which deployments happened when and is there any regression observed ?

Regards,

Hi,

what about https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/cloud-automation/release-monitoring and the integration of your issue tracker?

Regards,

Martin

IIRC the Jenkins Plugins that did exist are currently no longer maintained.

But the API is not really harder to use then the plugin, the structure of the Events is pretty easy and there are many plugins to do the request from you Jenkins pipeline.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @pmehta1906 ,

you could look at Dynatrace's release monitoring capabilities and connect this to your issue tracker as well.

Basically you would let Dynatrace know of your releases or versions by providing environment variables to processes you are starting. You can combine this with ingesting custom events to enrich that data even more.

kr

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts