cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check threshold values created for HOST?

Kundesaibaba
Participant

Hi Dynatrace team,

1. suppose, On XYZz host's CPU has increased to 99% , we got the alert for same and how to find the threshold values for this XYZ host.?

2. How to fetch the report or data of application CI list in Dynatrace tool.?

4 REPLIES 4

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello @Kundesaibaba,

1. Dynatrace detects the host abnormality based on AI. So there is no define thresholds you can see. But this can be tweaked base on custom settings at anomaly detection -> host.

RazTN7X_2-1699609342332.png

Also you can set static thresholds for host abnormality by creating events . see below screenprint.

RazTN7X_1-1699609106709.png

Threshold in red dotted line during alert generation

RazTN7X_3-1699609549721.png

2. What do you mean by application CI. Can you specify. 

Is it host properties or host details?

Checkout Environment v1 API

RazTN7X_4-1699609767565.png

Cheers!

RN

Have a nice day!

Question, @RazTN7 . You mention the default threshold for infra anomaly detection is based on AI... did this changed recently? As far I remember, there were a page in old docs that refer to the static thresholds (which I could not find anymore) for the infra anomaly detection. In UI we see them as Automatic, but behind the scene it was using the static threshold as we see when change to "based on custom settings".

So does this works as baseline now?

Thanks.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello @dannemca 

Yes. Please ref - https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/problem-detection-sensitivity-infrastructure

RazTN7X_0-1699693201696.png

But the matter of fact I relay on Metric Event when it comes to static alert detection. I dont prefer to change the automatic detection to "Base on custom settings" with static value.

RN

Have a nice day!

Yes, that's exactly how it works.
@RazTN7  is right 🙂

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts