cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include event description inside email notification

Danny-KRUOCH
Observer

Hello,

We've created a custom event for a specific alert.

In order to ease the troubleshooting for our teams, we need to add some information that aren't present in the placeholder.

Is there a way to add the event description from a custom event the email notification ?

Best regards,

Danny KRUOCH

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

There are some dynamic placeholders for it but yes, you can put static data in there as well. For the placeholders give these a shot: 

ChadTurner_0-1673454154404.png

-Chad

Hello Chad,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the placeholders doesn't include the event so the teams can only see it by going on the problem. 

I've set up a metric event and it would be great to have the value of the metric when the alert is raised.

Hi @Danny-KRUOCH 

Note that you get notification when problem is open and this problem can collect more events over the time its stays open till it closed, events within problem can be open and closed after the notification is sent. Hence IMO send information about events when problem is being open can mislead you and it is better to see AD HOC which events are currently still open with in the problem.

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Danny-KRUOCH
Observer

Hello Yosi,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, people should open the problem to see the events and all the information regarding the issue. Nevertheless, the application team I'm working wants to get the information without accessing Dynatrace because it's on a Managed Instance and they can't reach it easily.

Is there a way to do so ?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello

As @ChadTurner said, you can create Static message and copy the same in the email body.

As you mention, as of now, there is now placeholder to reflect the event title or description dynamically.

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge

PrabuBalajiS
Observer

I have one question,

Currently for both Open & Resolved email notifications we are seeing the same static content of the issue..

say CPU usage:

Open: CPU Usage 90%

Resolved CPU Usage 90%...

Here in Resolved email we are looking for the dynamic threshold metric .. say is current CPU is 85% , then the Resolved email should have something like this..

Resolved CPU Usage 85% now

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Prabu Balaji.S

Featured Posts