cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add a tag to Custom Log events (Events Extraction) so it can be used in Alerting Profiles?

runatyr
Organizer

Hello:

I have an alerting profile that is based upon sending alerts only with certain Tags.

I recently created my first Cusomt Log Event under Log Monitoring-->Events Extraction.

The Log event works, I have it set as a custom Log event. It populates in the problem window.

However, I want to be able to add a tag to it.

How is this done?

3 REPLIES 3

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @runatyr ,

if your log is collected thru OneAgent, it will set the target entity as the host/PG from where the log come, so the tag you have in that entity will be used by your alerting profile.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Thanks dannemca.

The log is collected through OneAgent.

So then, if that host has no tag, none will come from the alerting profile. Is that correct?

LawrenceBarratt
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @runatyr 

You could try adding Log Event Properties to your Extracted Log Event.

Create Log Event

From the docs:

A property is a key/value pair that is set on every triggered event. You can have one or more placeholders as a value that will be extracted from the log data. For example, a property with Key set to PGI and a Value of placeholder {dt.entity.process_group_instance} will extract the process group instance value from log data once the event is triggered. If the placeholder substitution fails, both the key and the value will not be available.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Featured Posts