cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Default for ActiveGate Token Expiry" Alerting Profile

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Today I discovered an Alerting Profile that I was not aware of: "Default for ActiveGate Token Expiry". Not even sure when this appeared.  Not being able to delete it told me immediately it should be like "Default", and thus imposed by the Platform.

I also read some more information about ActiveGate tokes: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-activegate/activegate-secur...

Is this new, or is it still needed? Is anyone still using this?

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @AntonioSousa 

At one of my customer I use this functionality for Dynatrace Managed Offline environment. The customer requires us to provide additional security for each component that is installed on critical government infrastructure. Internal procedures have been made so that cyclically it is necessary to carry out product updates and upgrade key tokens.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @AntonioSousa,

It was released around last september. These are the earliest notification from one of my managed evironments. I received it for containerized AGs. Theirs tokens have sort time frame.   

Mizs_0-1688733131058.png

Mizs_1-1688733241050.png

I do not remember exactly but these kind of alerts was gone at early of this year becasue the auto token management of containerized AGs solved the issue. Since then I have not received any alert about it.

Here is some info when it was changed in the operator.

Release v0.9.0 · Dynatrace/dynatrace-operator · GitHub

Warning
Activegate Authtoken support is now enabled by default

• requires additional api token scope: activeGateTokenManagement.create
  • feature.dynatrace.com/activegate-authtoken=false to disable

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

I feel bad because of your explanation, since I had not noticed it before 🤣

I had a sense that it would be the case, and so given this, I believe a Product Idea for taking it out might make sense...

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts