cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set resolution to SLO

ramondepieri
Visitor

Hey guys,

I am creating a new SLO using the dynatrace feature. Before that, I have created and testing my metrics on dynatrace data explorer

So I have something like that:

builtin:service.requestCount.total:filter(in("dt.entity.service",entitySelector("type(service),tag(~"CONTAINER:my-container-name~")")))

This brings to me a total of requests as you can see

resolution_1m.png

But I need to get the total amount in a different resolution, instead of 1 minute. I need to a 5 minutes resolution. In the data explorer, there is a resolution field on Settings that I can change it easily

resolution_5m.png

Its works!

But now I need to use this in my SLO. For example:

((builtin:service.requestCount.total:filter(in("dt.entity.service",entitySelector("type(service),tag(~"CONTAINER:my-container-name~")"))):partition("latency",value("good",gt(1000))):splitBy():count:default(0)) / (1 *100))

Everything is ok. I mean the results of this query is ok. But the problem is that the SLO resolution is 1 minute and this affects the SLO result. Is it possible to change the SLO resolution to other value than 1 ?

PS.: I already know that dynatrace works with auto resolution according to the time range that is selected. But in this scenario is not useful for me. I would like to set my own SLO resolution

0 REPLIES 0

Featured Posts