cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The way to define SLO by treating user actions that are two recognized as one Metric

yito
Participant

Hello, how do you do?

I'd like to know about way that subject I wrote.
Specifically, I'd like to define the following total action duration time as SLO in the monitored application.
/login -> /auth -> /home
I'd like to define an SLO where the above total action duration time is within 3 seconds for 99% or more of the 1-hour monitoring period.

However, the user action data captured by Dynatrace is
- /login
- /auth
are recognized as separate user action.

It seems that the SLO formula can only use one metric;
(("Metric Key":avg:partition("latency",value("good",lt(3000000))):splitBy():count:default(0))/("Metric Key":avg:splitBy( ):count)*(100))

It seemed like the "Metric Key" should be 1 action.

So, I'm considering whether it can regard "/login -> /auth -> /home(= different 2 user actions)" as 1 Metrics.
Does anyone know good idea forward to that?

2 REPLIES 2

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @yito,

I think you can create them separately as you already did and use '+'.

example:

(100)*(builtin:service.errors.server.successCount:splitBy())/(builtin:service.requestCount.server:splitBy())

+(100)*(builtin:service.response.server:splitBy())/(builtin:service.requestCount.server:splitBy())

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Hello, @Mohamed_Hamdy 

Thank you for your reply and advice.

Unfortunately, your idea cannot be used for this case.

I'd like to define an SLO where the total action duration time is within 3 seconds for 99% or more of the 1-hour monitoring period. So, we don't use '+'.

If you have any other good ideas, could you let me know, please?

Featured Posts