cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebHooks injestion in Dynatrace

andreaCaria
Participant

Dear Community,
I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance on a project that involves the integration of UIPATH Webhooks with Dynatrace.
Specifically, we are looking to establish a seamless integration wherein UIPATH sends webhooks to Dynatrace, allowing us to monitor the execution of UIPATH processes in real time and gain insights into their performance metrics.
Is there a way that we can achieve it, we have tried using the dynatrace API but there is a kind of mismatch betwen the payload sent in the webhook and the one accepted by Dynatrace

thanks,

Andrea

5 REPLIES 5

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @andreaCaria could you provide us further details about what Dynatrace API are you using and the payload from UIPATH? 

payload problems could be related to a lot of reasons, invalid chars or formats, missing escape characters among others.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hi @DanielS thank for the answer,

the API that we have used is: 

.live.dynatrace.com/api/v2/metrics/ingest

and there are described all the possible types of webhooks sended from UiPath:
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/types-of-events

Besides the technical issue, I'm more interested in understanding if this can be done and if it is the correct workflow because in the documentation we did not find any guide that allows us to convert an incoming webhook in a metric directly in dynatrace.

Ok, understood, if you want to send the payload that UIPATH produce according to the link you shared, and insert it into Dynatrace using the metrics API one to one, this cannot be done. But what could be done is, to parse the output JSON from UIPATH and ingest into Dynatrace the number of jobs started or failed. You can use that number as a metric value for example. Remember that you can specify a payload in two formats: gauge (gauge) or count value (count).

For more info about this, please refer to https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/metric-ingestion-protocol 

andreaCaria
Participant

Thanks a lot @DanielS , do you think it is possible to workarround this problem by means of some dynatrace features such as extension or app functions?
Does anyone face this problem before?

Yes, I think it is possible. Personally and based on your presented case I prefer to go with a script parsing the output from UIPATH and then ingest the metrics you need into Dynatrace based on your needs.  

I already face this problem, not with UIPATH but with other integrations.

Featured Posts