cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud watch metrics for AWS Quicksight through dynatrace cloud watch integration not available.

I know dynatrace gets cloud watch metrics from its AWS integration for various services. Our Cloud platform folks requesting AWS Quicksight cloud watch metrics. Is there any alternative method to get these metrics into dynatrace from aws quicksight ?

When is it available through our regular aws integration?

thanks

Vinnu

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Which method for gathering the metrics from Cloudwatch are you using right now? The default integration with AWS gathers only selected metrics. If you need other metrics, you need to use the Metric streaming instead.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Default integration doesnt have AWS quick sight at all in the list of services

Yes, that's why you need the metric streaming method.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

metric streaming method is an alternative and had to be set up at every account with kinesis stream. Why cant dynatrace natively add AWS quick sight to their list of services and allow users to get metrics that way?

i believe its the same way other services are calling cloud watch api to get metrics for individuals accounts . dont seem to be that hard to add that one to overall list.

I tested out metric streaming method and it doesnt have all the services needed either. Especially aws quick sight and s3 storage metrics. Any insight on that ?

Featured Posts