cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned threads

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I see on this board threads being pinned.
Is it possible to do that on the other regular boards? And wouldn't that be a good idea to do with 📢 accouncements?

E.g. 📢 Support ending for the Chrome and MS Edge browser extension by January 2024 - Dynatrace Community

When other threads are updated, topics can easily disappear to the background. With notifications you might want to avoid that by pinning. (Pinning is not a moderator option)

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner
2 REPLIES 2

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @fstekelenburg,

This is already happening, but only on the board level and not on category one or on the main page. The "Support ending..." thread is actually pinned, but this is only visible when you're entering the Real User Monitoring forum:

Opera Snapshot_2023-10-26_124332_community.dynatrace.com.png

The pinned threads being visible only on the board level is how it is set up out-of-the-box on our Community Platform, but we'll see if we can make them more visible also on the category level - I'll add it to our Community backlog.

Usually, the most important threads are not only being pinned, but also being featured - then you can see them on the bottom of the main page and on the right panel in most places on the forum (usually with a blue/violet picture with a title and topic). Although threads are being featured for less period of time than being pinned, as we're changing featured threads around every two weeks.

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Thank you for the explanation @MaciejNeumann, I see it now. 
Should also browse more the categories, not just rely on my daily main page check 😉

Helpful. As are the featured articles.

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Featured Posts