cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClassicFullStack vs CloudNativeFullStack in Kubernetes Monitoring

Hi, We have Dynatrace deployed on our Cluster using ClassicFullStack but we are coming across some limitations with that.
For example - One agent Pods needs to be restarted first in order to have full stack deep injection otherwise we may miss monitoring some application and services. This is creating a very hard dependency on One agent Pods which is not very ideal.

I can see there is another option CloudNativeFullStack and there are some blogs also written on it. The official documentation doesn't say much. Does this option remove the above dependency of one agent pods to be started first?
I know there are some advantages to this approach like we can include namespaces which we want to monitor but I am really keen to understand if this approach removes this limitation which is listed here - https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/dto-deploy-options-k8s#classic-capabilities 

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Best Regards,
Shashank

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@agrawal_shashan were you able to get any clarity on this? Did the cloud native method remove the need to recycle pods?

-Chad

What are the metrics that are not available in Cloud native? Is there a documentation for that?

The only reason we went to cloud native was because of cyclic dependency on one agent Pods. For example in case of Node upgrades, if the application pods gets scheduled before one agent then we would have to restart those app pods in order to get the deep injection which is not very ideal.

I was hoping that with cloud native, we will remove that dependency but if you can tell me about the metrics which it doesn't capture I will again do a comparison.

Best Regards,
Shashank

Featured Posts