cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split services that used to be separate services but merged?

thitiphans
Participant

Hi currently we have issue about the services got merged and want to find out why and split it.

We have our service on different cluster (we will call it cluster A and cluster B)
It used to detect the service as Service_A and Service_B. and We monitor it seperately.

After we redeploy oneagent it detect as same service. Service_A but run on both cluster A and B.

We expect the result to be detect as 2 services( Service_A runs on cluster A, Service_B runs on cluster B)

is there anyone had faced the same issue before??

2 REPLIES 2

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @thitiphans 

I had the opposite issue. Once after one agent update. Application clusters legs were restarted becasue of patch management in different time (24 hours later). My original merged services splitted to two different services. I did not know the reason why. So I had to use the service detection rules. I used it to merge them again, maybe you can use it to separate it based on hostnames, if you would like to analyse them separetly by cluster legs.

Mizs_0-1684921614437.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@thitiphans conditions must have changed in your case. Any chance the process group merged into a single one in your case? Services from different process groups are always monitored separately, so I guess if the service properties are the same, your process group have merged. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts