cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kubernetes cluster filter for problem records doesn't return any problem records

Bill_Demsky
Helper

When there are problems logged for a K8s cluster, the filters on the problem page for K8s clusters doesn't find the problems generated from that cluster. Please fix the filter or the metadata to allow the filters to work as expected.

5 REPLIES 5

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I don think this falls under a RFE. moving it to Q&A

@Bill_Demsky can you provide an example of the filter that you are using? I've tested it out on my end and it is functioning as designed. What cluster Version are you on? 

ChadTurner_0-1695298903837.png

-Chad

Balap
Observer

Hi, I do face the similar issue. Can any one has hints to filter out cluster level problems / filter to search problems under cluster . I can get problems if I use at workload levels But I want to see the filter with Cluster level. How many problems under each cluster in problems page.

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I'd Suspect that the Cluster Level monitoring isn't completed. Hence why you dont see them in the problems page. You can verify by going to a node and looking to see if the K8 Cluster is listed in the properties. 

-Chad

Yes. I cloud see the cluster details in a node properties. and I tried with tagging the cluster name as well. But Still i can't see the problems if I filter as Entity : Kubernetes Cluster(KUBERNETER_CLUSTER). It result with 0 problems. 

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Make sure that your time frame is wide enough to include a kubernetes problem. What cluster version are you on? In our instance it is working as designed on the most recent cluster version: 

ChadTurner_1-1696527196615.png

If you are at the most recent version of the Cluster then you might want to open up a support case. 

As a work around for the time being I recommend crating a Auto Tag that provides the value of the K8 Cluster to the related hosts, processes and services. This will then allow you to sort problems by tag being "K8 Cluster:<Value>"

-Chad

Featured Posts