cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Missing host information" message at Overview of workload section when monitoring kubernetes

Hi @DanielS which deployment option should i use? used the operator installation from the wizard on deploy oneagent on kubernetes/openshift

6 REPLIES 6

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@MariettaAlmeidaNormally I used ClassicFullStack but If the devs use Fargate I need to use Application Monitoring.

Do you have access to the Kubernetes Environment? can you check the DynaKube resource?

https://github.com/Dynatrace/dynatrace-operator/blob/v0.13.0/assets/samples/classicFullStack.yaml

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

@DanielS actually no but i reading about it, i used the classicFullstack option.

Can you give me use cases that can help me identify which deployment option should i use?

Yes, I love this page, it is very well documented here with its capabilities and limitations for each case. I mainly use Classic, but Fargate only supports Application Only, and always on Fargate I see Missing Host Information which has a lot of sense because is serverless.

But in your case is not normal, I guess that an error could be seen using describe in the pod from the kubectl CLI.

😲ok, will check with the client then and thank you for the documentation !

have a nice day @DanielS 

hi all,

im monitoring kubernetes and at the pods information section inside the "overview of the workload" chart, in the host tab appears "Missing host information"

MariettaAlmeida_0-1693589673552.png

Which infom should appear here and how can i obtain this info ? 

Thanks in advance you all

Hi @MariettaAlmeida the Missing Host Information on Kubernetes could be a normal situation depending on the Kubernetes deployment option you choose.

Featured Posts