cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count of Problem in each week by its category of the event type from last one month data

Bhargav_314
Participant

Count of Problem in each week by its category of the event type from last one month data. Its giving wrong data.

fetch events, from:-30d
| filter event.kind == "DAVIS_PROBLEM"

| fieldsAdd open_ts = if(event.status == "ACTIVE" AND event.status_transition == "UPDATED",timestamp)
| filter isNotNull(open_ts)
| summarize
open = min(open_ts),
by:{display_id, event.category, event.name }
| summarize
count=countDistinct(display_id),
by:{open}

| summarize count = count(), by: {`1week interval` = bin(open, 7d)}
| sort count desc

11 REPLIES 11

LawrenceBarratt
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi,

You won't need most of the query, only this DQL.

| summarize ProblemCount = countDistinct(display_id), by:{event.category, `1 week interval` = bin(timestamp, 7d)}
| sort ProblemCount desc

LawrenceBarratt_3-1692714649162.png

Hi Lawrence,

Counts are not matching when i match the notebooks output with problems page. Can you please check once?

sinisa_zubic
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @Bhargav_314 

There are actually 2 things to consider why there is a discrepancy between the "problem feed" screen and the result of your query.

1. We have recently added a field "dt.davis.is_duplicate" - that one should flag if a davis problem is a merged problem or not. so you need to filter those out.

2. You don't have to filter on the timestamp of the transition to identify when a problem was opened or closed, now you can use the event.start or event.end field. 

I hope following query works for you. 

| sort timestamp desc
| summarize {id = takeFirst(display_id), duplicate = takeFirst(dt.davis.is_duplicate), week =  takeFirst(formatTimestamp(toTimestamp(toLong(event.start)), format:"w")), category = takeFirst(event.category)}, by:{display_id}
| filter duplicate == false
| summarize `Problem count` =  count(), by:{`Week in year` = week, `Problem category` = category}

I can also share with you that the team is currently working on a new problem feed. There it will be possible that you pin e.g. the problem count on a dashboard or notebook. With that kind of action you will be also able to see how the DQL query behind the "problem count" number in the selected timeframe looks like. But I can't give you an ETA for this. 

Best,
Sini

Hi Sini,

Instead of the week in year can I get the start date of the week.  I was trying that but its failing. PFA screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Hi Bhargav

that should be the query if you want to group by the start day of the week

| sort timestamp desc
| summarize {id = takeFirst(display_id), duplicate = takeFirst(dt.davis.is_duplicate), open =  takeFirst(toTimestamp(toLong(event.start))), category = takeFirst(event.category)}, by:{display_id}
| fieldsAdd weekOf=formatTimestamp(open-duration(getDayOfWeek(open) -1 ,"d"),format:"YYYY-MM-dd")
| summarize `Problem count` =  count(), by:{weekOf, category}

Best,
Sini

Hi Sini,

Thanks for sharing the query, there is one issue i have found, we are fetching the data from last 30 days, but results are having June month data also. Can you please check once? I have attached screen shot.

Hi Bhargav,

My assumption was that in your environment the problems do not last longer than 1 week. You must have problems which have started quite some while ago. So that query does not work pretty well if you have such kind of problems since I am grouping by event start date.

If you group by the timestamp (update time of the event), then the result should look better

| sort timestamp desc
| fieldsAdd weekOf=formatTimestamp(timestamp-duration(getDayOfWeek(timestamp) -1 ,"d"),format:"YYYY-MM-dd")
| summarize {id = takeFirst(display_id), duplicate = takeFirst(dt.davis.is_duplicate),  category = takeFirst(event.category)}, by:{display_id,weekOf}
| summarize `Problem count` =  count(), by:{weekOf,category}

Hi Sini,

This query looks fine, but problem counts are not matching. can you please check once ?

Can you make sure for the timeframe to use from 00:00 to 23:59 on the problem screen so it matches the DQL query?

Please also note that davis problems in grail are per default stored for 35 days. 

by how much (relative & absolute) are the counts not matching?

Beside that I don't know what could be the issue. for me the query is working in an environment with a similar amount of problems

If this still does not give you the desired result,  then please create a support ticket via https://one.dynatrace.com/hc/en-us/requests . Tech support will help you with this issue

sinisa_zubic_1-1692807532243.png

heybeckerj
Participant

@sinisa_zubic this is great!

Is there a way to group by more than 1 Category axis in the bar chart?

heybeckerj_0-1692722926967.png

Right now you can only choose 1

Hi @heybeckerj 

Not sure when this will be possible. maybe @Philipp_Kastner can answer this?

Best,
Sini

Featured Posts