cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQL timeseries: aggregate data based on lookup fields

Adrien_Z
Observer

Hello,

I'm trying to group a timeseries based on new fields I fetch after a lookup.

So basically, I'm fetching a timeseries (here dt.kubernetes.node_conditions). Then, I lookup the kubernetes nodes to get a specific label and the managementZone.

After that, I would like to group the timeseries based on this label and the management zone.

For example:

timeseries avg(dt.kubernetes.node.conditions), by:{dt.entity.kubernetes_node}, interval: 10m
| lookup [fetch dt.entity.kubernetes_node], sourceField:dt.entity.kubernetes_node, lookupField:id
| fieldsAdd node_type = lookup.kubernetesLabels[`kube/nodetype`], managementZone = lookup.managementZones

I didn't find a way to group the timeseries avg(dt.kubernetes.node.conditions) based on these new fields.

Is it something possible ?

9 REPLIES 9

fcourbon
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hello @Adrien_Z , what kind of output are you expecting ? A time series or a single scalar per node_type (or managementZone)?

Hello,

I want a time series per node_type that will represent the sum of the timeseries of all nodes having this node_type.

for example:

node |avg(dt.kubernetes.node.condition)|node_type
nodeA|1,1,,,1 |typeA
nodeB|,1,1,1, |typeA

Result: -->
node_type|avg(dt.kubernetes.node.condition)
typeA    |1,2,2,1,1

Let me know if you need more information

fcourbon
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Thanks for the additional information, this will be possible with an enhancement that will be delivered this year. I will revert with the syntax once it is made available.

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I'll wait for the update of this tread

Tommaso_Fin
Visitor

Hi, 

I would need this feature too. Since 2023 is over, is it possible now to do so?

thanks

krzysztof_hoja
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

It is possible right now. Using the initial example it would look like time:

timeseries cond=avg(dt.kubernetes.node.conditions), by:{dt.entity.kubernetes_node}, interval: 10m
| lookup [fetch dt.entity.kubernetes_node], sourceField:dt.entity.kubernetes_node, lookupField:id
| fieldsAdd node_type = lookup.kubernetesLabels[`kube/nodetype`], managementZone = lookup.managementZones
| summarize {cond=sum(cond[])}, by:{node_type, managementZone, interval, timeframe}

-Kris

Thank you. It is working now and thanks for the example.

Tommaso_Fin
Visitor

Thanks, it work fine, even if I would never find the solution without your help. The sintax is not really simple

Featured Posts