cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classical Dashboards

MarwanC
Guide

Dear Dynatrace Gurus,

before you say move to the new dasboards with DQL, I would like t keep the old classical dashboards for now.

I have a couple of questions, I hope someone can help me?

1. I need to modify this classical dashboard query to display two important metrics (see below),

In this I use tech.generic.cpu.usage

builtin:tech.generic.cpu.usage:filter(eq("dt.entity.process_group_instance",PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-2F6198CAE881F38A)):splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance"):max

1. Process Group -> Tecnology Specific Metrics -> GC Time

2. Process Group -> Tecnology Specific Metrics -> GC Time

Where can I find the documentation for tech.generic.?.? (use to obtain more out of the box metrics)

2. I have a dashboard that uses the same query above, but if the process is down it says no data is available and you would see an empty no name chart. How can I show on the same dashboard to say process is down and not available and may be show as red - like Availability button.

Can someone help?

I appreciate your support.

Marwan...

6 REPLIES 6

MarwanC
Guide

Correction:

2. Process Group -> Tecnology Specific Metrics -> Response Time

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The doc for the tech generic metrics is here: https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/observe-and-explore/metrics/built-in-metrics#generic

You can use the metric builtin:tech.generic.count to show if your process is Up (>1) or down (0). Try the single value visualization and mark 0 as red, >1 as green.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

I used this for the CPU of that process like this

builtin:tech.generic.cpu.usage:filter(eq("dt.entity.process_group_ins

tance",PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-98CB935943677AB7)):splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance"):max

Then If I use the single count with the metric that you recomened

builtin:tech.generic.count:filter(eq("dt.entity.process_group_instance",PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-98CB935943677AB7)):splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance")

I get this error

The dimension key `dt.entity.process_group_instance` has been referenced, but the metric has no such key.

If I remove the split

builtin:tech.generic.count:filter(eq("dt.entity.process_group_instance",PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-98CB935943677AB7))

I get this error

The dimension key `dt.entity.process_group_instance` has been referenced, but the metric has no such key.

I need to monior availability this particular process instance

PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-98CB935943677AB7

Thanks for any feedback

How many Process Instances you do have for this process Process Group? This metric will look for Process Instances in your Process Group. The Process Group Instance is not a valid dimension for this metric. You should use the Process Group as filter/split by.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

There are two instances one each host and the code above works like a charm. I filter by host and technology to find availability of each process in one dashboard. Do you another way to do this?

MarwanC
Guide

Thank you Dann, much appreciated it!

Featured Posts