cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get processes consuming CPU% based on high disk read bytes?

Naveen
Guide

Hi,

I want to see which processes were consuming high CPU when there were high Disk read bytes per second for specific host. Could you please help me writing the query.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken the builtin:host.disk.readOps metric can only be spliced after Host or Disk.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hey @radek_jasinski Yes but I need process data which were consuming more CPU when there are high readops.

You have this metric available: builtin:tech.generic.io.bytesRead

"This metric provides statistics about the I/O read operations of a process. The metric value is a sum of I/O bytes read from the storage layer by all process workers per second. High values help to identify bottlenecks reducing process performance caused by the slow read speed of the storage device. It has a "Process" dimension (dt.entity.process_group_instance)."

It should meet your assumptions. On Data Explorer, you need to overlay two metrics (CPU and bytesRead)

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/built-in-metrics#generic

Have a nice day!

Hi I have written below query, could you please evaluate

builtin:tech.generic.io.bytesRead:splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(20)

builtin:host.cpu.usage:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),entityName.equals(~"Host1~")"))))):splitBy():sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(20)

What I can suggest is to apply a filter on a specific process or host to improve the readability of the graph. Of course, you may prefer to have more data.

Example:

builtin:tech.generic.io.bytesRead:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance),entityName.equals(~"Apache Web Server easyTravel~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(20)

builtin:host.cpu.usage:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),entityName.equals(~"CF1-tomcatjms~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(20)

Radek

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts