Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore or split the exception by messages

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello Community,

Please, is there any way to split the exceptions by messages:

Split an exception by message (Below an example of one of the faced exceptions).

Malaik_0-1628590804650.png

My need is:

We have a list of exceptions that impact failure rate. Some of them are functional exceptions (and the others are technical). So, I want in the failure rate, include only the technical exceptions. And also have the ability to count the number (and list) the functional (not only ignore from the statistics).

To resume:

Split Failure rate by 2: Functional and Technical.

Thanks for your help.

Sharing Knowledge
2 REPLIES 2

ryan_ott
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello,

I am not sure that you can group exceptions into "Functional" and "Technical" specifically, as you mentioned. However, you can tell Dynatrace to ignore certain exceptions, include certain exceptions, or define particular exceptions as client-aborted exceptions - where if a service request encounters such an exception, Dynatrace considers the request as successful, regardless of the HTTP error code or any other information.

More information on these options can be found here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/service-error-detection#client-abort-exceptions 

ACE Consultant, Dynatrace Services
Dynatrace Certified Professional

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Thanks @ryan_ott for your time and feedback,
Yes I know this method, but once configured, it's definitely considered as a successful ones, and there is no way to count it as a 'known' exception, right?

Sharing Knowledge

Featured Posts