cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook - DQL is throwing Error, or fetch Metrics, or Timeseries data

heramb_sawant
Organizer

Hi Team,
I am trying to run  DQL in notebook to  fetch metric & timeseries data  but getting the below error,

1. Command - timeseries avg(dt.host.cpu.usage)
   Error - Unknown command: timeseries!

2. Command -  

fetch metrics

| filter startsWith(metric.key, "dt.process.jvm.threads.count")
   Error - Unknown record type: metrics.

Please help me on this.

Regards,
Heramb Sawant

6 REPLIES 6

sinisa_zubic
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Heramb,

Unfortunately, none of the two commands is currently available for you. But the team is currently in the progress of deploying it. You can expect the command to be available within the next couple of days.

Best,

Sini

Hi Sinisa,
Any update on deployment. Those 2 commands ( fetch metric & timeseries) are still not available  and this is the  huddle for us to implement SRG for metric evaluation.

Regards,
Heramb Sawant

Hi,
Any update on this??

Regards,
Heramb Sawant

nickvogt
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi Heramb,

I'll email you so we can share and discuss more details around your specific tenant.

Take care,

Nick

HI NIck,
Even I am also searching for same thing. Please let me know once it is available. 

nickvogt
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi @ShyamPradhan,

This turned out to be a permissions issue. The required permission policy is called "Storage Default Monitoring Read". This should be added to the desired user groups in the account management page.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Log in to your Dynatrace account as an account admin (https://account.dynatrace.com/my/accounts) and select your environment.
  • Go to "Identity Management" and select "Group Management."
  • Choose the user group that should have access to Grail monitoring data.
  • Scroll down to "Environment permissions" and click the expand button for the environment.
  • Change to the "Policies" tab and bind the "Storage Default Monitoring Read" policy.

The image below provides a visual representation of this process.

nickvogt_0-1695019875561.png

I hope this helps!

Take care,
Nick

Featured Posts