cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule report for every few hours

khalil_devops
Visitor

Hello Dynatrace Folks, 

I need to receive a summary of Web App Health check to my email/team chat group every day 6am and 6pm. Could you please guide how to implement it. 

I know there is a weekly and monthly subscription for Reports feature and Dashboards, beside that, is possible to implement the above? 

Thank you in advance. 

Best!

8 REPLIES 8

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @khalil_devops 

This is true, subscription only allowed Weekly and Monthly (other RFEs are submitted to have it custom).

You can take a look to the Report APIs, https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/reports-api

May be something can help you.

Sharing Knowledge

Hey @Malaik

Thanks for your reply. 

I checked with the link you've provided. Unfortunately, it does not provide any solution to what is needed. Basically it offer the same solutions which is currently available for Reports and Dashboards  for Dynatrace Apps(API endpoints). 

Kindly let me know if you've another solutions. 

Thank you!

No, Unfortunately reports are limited,

I know that there is an enhancement on that part, but when available, I dont know.

Sharing Knowledge

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Another option might be combine Site Reliability Guardian + Workflows . But you need a Grail enabled tenant.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hey @AntonPineiro ,

Thanks for sharing, I went through workflows docs, it has task scheduling and cron features. I'm not sure but I will definitely will try it practically. 

Best!!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@khalil_devops,

The solution I use in my clients is to build the reports automatically through the APIs, and then send them out via whatever channel is being used. Some work, but highly configurable.

Antonio Sousa

Hey @AntonioSousa , 

It seems a nice idea. Just to make it clearer, do you use Dynatrace Apps to call the API, customize and sent the message via let's say MS Teams group chat.

Also could you please share if you know any really example on GitHub maybe?

Thank you. 

Best!

@khalil_devops,

I do not use Dynatrace Apps, but it could be a solution, as also Workflows. They are called at the moment by scripts/programs/extensions, depending on the customer.

They are highly tailored, so I don't have them in sharable format.

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts