Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Dynamic Filters in Problems Widget in Dashboards

rdinis
Participant

Hi all,

I have this use case:

• Imagine various rooms with devices (custom devices)
  • When a device fails i will send a custom alert via API.
  • The problem will be created and automatically associate with the custom device
  • Create a dashboard for each room with graphics and the widget problem 
  • I have filters to differentiate the custom devices by a tag called room.code

Im finishing the use case but found a huge problem 😞 .... 

I have created only 1 dashboard and to differentiate the rooms Im using the Dynamic filters on dashboards.
I discovered now that I can't filter the widget Problems using the automatic filter of dashboards.

So, my question is: it is possible to use the a filters in dashboard to filter the widget Problem? and if it's possible how?
I dont want to create a dashboard for each room (i have a lot rooms and will not be pretty to have +300 dashboards for rooms 😭)
Thanks all 😊

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

While the dashboard filter does not work for the problems tile, you could however create a single tile for each room. Still doesn't help with your issue of making 300 items, granted its 300 tiles now and not 300 dashboards. 

-Chad

the other option is to convert those rooms into a set of MZs, still looking at a large number of MZs now but it would allow users to have a single dashboard that's configurable.

-Chad

Featured Posts