Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem v2 API entityTags

GaryWG
Guide

The documentation says this about the entityTags property of a Problem

entityTagsMETag[]

A list of all entity tags of the problem

So, does this mean it will contain the tags for a rootCauseEntity and/or the affectedEntities and/or the impactedEntities?

If I have a Problem with a rootCauseEntity and a couple of affectedEntities, will this contain the tags from ALL the entities listed in the Problem record, or what?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I believe so. I had the situation before and even posted about it, from the Entities perspective: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Open-Q-A/Event-types-and-applicable-Dynatrace-entities-Impact-Lev...

I had to stick with v1 at the time, but I have the impression it was solved since, as in the documentation now. Just can't get the links to prove it; when I get it, I'll post it here.

Antonio Sousa

It should be that these tags will be included in the problem 😊

Have a nice day!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@GaryWGshould have tried it out first 😁

I can confirm you get the full list of entity tags. I just checked a problem with a webservice & database involved. They have different tags, and both appear in the v2 API entityTags result :dynaspin:

Antonio Sousa

Thanks @AntonioSousa 

I've been "Trying it out" for days! I've been waiting for a problem to be triggered that contains multiple entities with different tags, but as we are still very much at the beginning of our journey here, it's a challenge to know how to do some of these things 🙂

But thanks for confirming for me. 

Featured Posts