Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Cluster active gate Architecture sizing

a_chiaravalle
Contributor

Hello Team

I wanted to ask what are the best practices and the information do I need to correctly sizing our cluster active gate architecture (dynatrace-managed) , considering that we must monitor some web Applications from the cloud (saas) with Agentless RUM?

Kind Regards

Antonello

9 REPLIES 9

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You can find many important informations here:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-activegate/installation/win...

Radek

Have a nice day!

a_chiaravalle
Contributor

Ok thanks for the information, in addition I would like to know how many cluster active gate servers should I have depending on how many users sessions and user actions I will have on all these applications during the peak hours.
I there any suggestion on this ?

Rather, a greater limitation is the number of agents. I can tell you from experience that I have 5 AGs running on one of my customer the largest monitored application environments (around 3700 OA). We have traffic set to catch 35000 user actions/minute. Everything works good.

Radek

Have a nice day!

a_chiaravalle
Contributor

Ok but in my scenario we are using "cluster active gate" for receiving metrics not from oneagent but from Dynatrace Agentless RUM javascript (manual injection), these because we have Saas applications for which is not possible to install oneagent on the application servers.

So that the monitoring metrics arrive to Dynatrace managed directly from the browsers of the users who is navigating the applications, and depending from the number of concurrently users I think I should dimension the number of server.

I'm looking for a dimension criteria of the number of "cluster active gate ".

Thanks 

Antonello

Hi @a_chiaravalle ,

I think you can use two cluster ActiveGates for high availability

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Yes sure for high availability but if I want to dimension the cluster considering the Number of users or user actions is there any dimension criteria to consider?

In this thread you will find all the information:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Open-Q-A/Sizing-guidelines-for-ActiveGate/td-p/94152

Have a nice day!

I don't think there is official documentation for this part, except for the private synthetic and zRemote module, however, you can check the following link:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/activegate-requirements-linux#hardware-requirements

as for my recommendation, you can use 2 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 15GB storage per server

and if you have resources you can use 4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 20GB storage per server, I don't think you will need more than that.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

a_chiaravalle
Contributor

Hi 

Ok thank you for your tips

Featured Posts