Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace Managed Backup Location Failed to find a test file

abnerlusung
Advisor

Hi all,

We are using Dynatrace Managed (1.268.145) and are trying to setup EFS backup.

User/Group already updated to dynatrace using chmod and gave all permissions for the backup folder already.

But we are getting this error.

"Network path verification failed on some nodes. Error messages for each node are listed below. Host ip-x-x-x-x.region.compute.internal: Failed to find a test file."

(I have mask the ip and region)

8 REPLIES 8

islam_zidan
Champion

Hello,

What is the permission you gave to the folder? can you access it from Dynatrace server (ssh) and write on it. also make sure that the disk is mounted correctly.

Thanks,

Islam

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

Hi islam_zidan,

Yes, I can access the cluster node and write on the backup folder and the changes reflects across the 3 nodes.

777 permissions has been granted to the folder.

Regards,

Abner

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Can you share how the volume was mounted? 

Also you can also do a manual test by creating a file from one cluster node host, and verify if you can see it at the other node.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi Radoslaw_Szulgo,

Inside each cluster node, I have installed nfs-utils and ran the following command:

sudo mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=4.1,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2,noresvport <DNS_path>:/ /usr/var/opt/dynatrace-backup

Yes, creating a test file inside the backup folder reflects across the other cluster nodes.

Regards,

Abner

Looks good. So the only thing that comes to my mind why it doesn't work is indeed permissions - specifically, the user that runs Dynatrace Managed (default: dynatrace) can't perform read/write operations. Can you please list here `ls -la` or sth that shows `/usr/var/opt/dynatrace-backup` folder's permissions?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi Radoslaw_Szulgo,

I have attached a screenshot which shows the permissions of the folder.

Kind Regards,

Abner

Looks correct. At least on that node. Please check if all nodes are set up like that and have connectivity to the network file storage. If that's all correct - then I think I can't help you more and you should open a support ticket.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

All nodes are the same.

I have opened a support ticket but the guy said about tuning the EFS.

Thanks Radoslaw_Szulgo for the help on troubleshooting.

We really appreciate it.

Featured Posts