Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

How To Prevent Error Logs

kasdev
Contributor

Greetings Friends,
We had the following problem with a customer. Maybe you have an idea.
They have 16 web servers and 1 of them has OA installed. When RUM is turned on, the request goes randomly from LB to other servers that are not installed, so naturally it also goes to those that do not have OA, and it prints an error in the logs there. How can we prevent this? Because they will not be able to install OA on 16 servers.

6 REPLIES 6

Dant3
Pro

You can route the beacon to Dynatrace SaaS AG directly if this is a SaaS client. If this is a Managed client (I would assume from the tag) you can do the same, but you can route the rb_ to the Cluster Activegate endpoint or the AG endpoint if is it public.

They need to support CORS to do so.  In this case the rb_ goes back to Dynatrace and there is no need to get the OA in all servers to avoid the error. 

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

hello, thanks for your answer and sorry i forgot to mention that its managed client. 

Now im trying to follow the documentation but in client environment, there is no beacon endpoint option in general settings. 

in dynatrace saas demo i can see this:

beacon endp.png

you can see above there is beacon endpoint, but there is not beacon endpoint in client.

What do i need to do to use beacon?

In a Managed environment, you first need a Cluster Activegate with a public IP. 

What you could also do, if you have a CAG, is create an "Agentless App" and in the advanced config, you should have the beacon address... you then copy that and use it in the advanced config beacon endpoint of the automatic injection app. 

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Actually i've already an app and its not agentless. And when i try to implement a beacon endpoint for oneagent type, i get 204 error which you can see in those visuals:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 17.55.55.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 17.55.56.jpeg

Do you have any idea why i'm experiencing that issue?

No idea, but setting Oneagent means that the Webserver where the OA is injected act as a beacon endpoint. You should be selecting the cluster activegate, either way doing that is the same that in the advance app add the beacon forwarder address and add the cluster AG endpoint there. 

Looks like your issue is a bug in Managed: 

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Heads-up-from-Dynatrace/Beacon-endpoint-page-in-RUM-Application-c...

Featured Posts