Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Local self monitoring Capabilities

AhmedKhaled_94
Observer

Hello Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago we had a problem with the elasticsearch drive filling up on one node, which caused the dynatrace cluster to under perform and eventually go down.

We are looking into a solutions to have our own drives/cluster nodes/activegates monitored using dynatrace itself and found the local self monitoring solution, however, looking around the community and the documentation I couldn't find enough information. We have 3 main requirements and then the rest are pretty much good to have.

1. Does local self monitoring allow for monitoring of the cluster node drives (elasticsearch/casandra etc)

2. Does the local self monitoring allow for monitoring of the activegates, can I get notifications if one of the activegates goes down?

3. Can the alerts from the local self-environment be received as problems on my production environment.

Note: I am not able to switch it on yet unfortunately, since it is a customer's instance, and they would like more information before going that way.

Thank you,

Ahmed Khaled

Certified Dynatrace Associate - Senior APM Engineer - SRE/DevOps
4 REPLIES 4

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You have here self-monitoring metrics available.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hello,

So the 41 metrics that I find when typing dsfm in the metrics section, are the only self-monitoring capabilities available?

Certified Dynatrace Associate - Senior APM Engineer - SRE/DevOps

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @AhmedKhaled_94 

For Cassandra and Elasticsearch healthcheck we always go to this old thread 

If you want this information to show up as a metric with in dynatrace you will need to automate the running of the utilities on a cluster node, save the information to files on a directory that one of your AG can reach and build an extension that will convert the status to a metric ..... 

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts