cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips - Mobile app action before a crash

Pierre_L
Helper

I'm sharing this tips and hope that can be helpfull.

A mobile app developper I discussed with recently told me what can be very usefull with Dynatrace to replace 2 other products actually used to partially help him in debugging mobile app crash.

He needs 3 informations :

• App crash details
  • Session replay for crashed sessions
  • Last action performed before the crash occured

First two are simple as it's out-of-the-box within the RUM integration but for the third one, I can't find the information easily.

In Mobile app, we don't have the same view as Web app with entry or exit actions displayed in the UI so I started some test using USQL and I found that these requests perfectly match :

Last actions before a crash :

SELECT name AS "Last Action",count(*) AS "Crashes count" FROM useraction WHERE isExitAction=true AND usersession.crashGroupId IS NOT NULL GROUP BY name

Action list.png

Touch actions :

SELECT name AS "Last Action",count(*) AS "Crashes count" FROM useraction WHERE isExitAction=true AND (name STARTSWITH "Touch") AND usersession.crashGroupId IS NOT NULL GROUP BY name

Other actions :

SELECT name AS "Last Action",count(*) AS "Crashes count" FROM useraction WHERE isExitAction=true AND NOT(name STARTSWITH "Touch") AND usersession.crashGroupId IS NOT NULL GROUP BY name

Action list 2.png

Observability Consultant - Dynatrace Associate
1 REPLY 1

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Pierre_L,

Thank you for sharing this tip.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts