cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveGate extension icon

Hi, I'm developing an ActiveGate extension and since my active gate doesn't have internet access I'd like to retrieve "favicon" locally (i.e. from a predefined location on active gate server, for example /opt/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/plugin_deployment/custom.remote.python.myplugin

I tried to set

"favicon" : "/opt/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/plugin_deployment/custom.remote.python.myplugin/icon.png"

but it doesn't work.

Is there a wat to achieve this?

Thanks

PF

paolo_fumanelli_0-1668782628963.png

6 REPLIES 6

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

The favicon is fetched by the Dynatrace cluster, not by the ActiveGate and then the icon is cached and served to the user.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

I see, thanks, so I'd say no chance to achieve this, right?

Correct. In Extension Framework 2.0 you'll have more possibilities, mainly the use of any icon from Barista: https://barista.dynatrace.com/resources/icons

Mike

Mike

Thanks for sharing about this tool, it looks great for adding more flair to custom extensions.  I was looking through the Extension V2 documentation, but didn't see how to use one of the icons from Barista.  Is there any documentation on what needs to be added to the extension.yaml file?

Putting the icon somewhere on a public site is the most comfortable way (github for example). If your cluster is airgapped, then it depends on your environment. Just any web server your cluster can reach is OK.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts