cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add extensions to a management zone

idand
Participant

Hi , 

I want to add extensions like F5 / SNMP TRAPS (checkpoint instance for example  )  to a specific MZ 

in order to see them together in the smarts cape topology and inside the dashboards   .

What is the best way to do this?

7 REPLIES 7

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The best way to add generic entities (which is what all recent extensions create) to a management zone is to do it based on the entity type. You can find the entity type on the bottom of the page where the extension is configured:

Mike_L_0-1685529873741.png

Example management zone:

Mike_L_1-1685529893679.png

Generic entities don't show up on the Smartscape page though just as an FYI.

Mike

Thank you @Mike_L

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi Mike! 
I am trying to use Management Zones, with the DB2 extension, but it seems to only work for the member tile, but not the host or the instance tile.

This is one of the metric queries for the tile that does not work: 

db2.metadata:splitBy("dt.entity.sql:db2_host"):auto:splitBy():count

image (2).png
Any thoughts on this?

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Tarjei,

It's probably because the metrics do not have a sourceEntityType assigned to them. @JamesKitson, is that planned?

Mike

Mike

Yes, I noticed that recently. We are gathering feedback on a new version with various other updates now and this metadata will be set on metrics in that upcoming release.

@JamesKitson super news 🙂

Have a nice day!

Quick update: reviewing things the source entity was set for all 'direct' metrics however the entity type was incorrect for the db2 instances and so this will be corrected. The primary entity was missing for the 'calculated' (e.g. func:) metrics and so this will be set for these as well.

Featured Posts