cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex WQL queries in Extension 2.0

tarjei
Organizer

(Get-WmiObject -Query "select * from MSCluster_Resource where type='IP Address'" -namespace "root\mscluster").privateproperties

In Powershell I can quite easily do the following:

(Get-WmiObject -Query "select * from MSCluster_Resource where type='IP Address'" -namespace "root\mscluster").privateproperties

This will provide me with the expanded information from the privateproperties of the MSCluster_Resource type.

Is it possible to the same using WQL in Extension 2.0?

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I dont think so as Dynatrace uses their own language - DQL

-Chad

DQL is something else than what is being used in the extension framework. WMI declarative extensions uses WQL.

Mike

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You cannot access additional attributes on the returned query, you’d have to make it all part of the query. Is there a reason that you cannot in this case?

Mike

Hi Mike!

As far as I have been able to figure out, there is no way of writing this as a WQL. And believe me I have tried.
If you have knowledge otherwise please do let me know.

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I didn't try but if it won't be returned like this I think you're stuck with Python in EF1, reaching out to our services team for Python in EF2, or setting up a task that feeds the result in through the OneAgent endpoints.

wmiNamespace: root\mscluster
query: SELECT PrivateProperties FROM MSCluster_Resource WHERE type='IP Address'

Mike

Ok,

So basically we are stuck with waiting on DT to release python for ext2 in the wild?
We have basically 99% of the functionality, but not the remaining 1%

Featured Posts