cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions 2.0 DT Alert Mapping

Benji_Dynatrace
Observer

Hi,

So I am working on an extension that sends an alert based on the result of a powershell script. Now, if I wanted to create object/classes and then bind the alert to those, how would I go about doing that? For example, I run a powershell script that checks something on an sql server, is there a way to identify that sql server that isn't through the entity selector?

Thanks, 

Benji_Dynatrace

2 REPLIES 2

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

If you use metric scripting integration it is comes with OneAgent, already pointing to your host.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You can use metric line enrichment for this.

Option 1: If you know the process id of the process and you add, for example, dt.process.pid=12345 to the metric line it will automatically be exchanged for dt.entity.process_group_instance=PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-D337020E5CAE4F0F,dt.entity.process_group=PROCESS_GROUP-D337020E5CAE4F0D.

Option 2: If you know the tech rule of the process (https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/platform-modules/infrastructure-monitoring/process-groups/configurat...) and you add, for example, dt.techrule.id=zoomtech as a dimension, it will automatically be exchanged for the above entity dimensions.

Mike

Featured Posts