cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions 2.0 Paramiko Causes Crashes

Benji_Dynatrace
Observer

Hello,

So in my ongoing quest of developping custom extensions, I have recently encountered an issued linked to paramiko. When I include paramiko the package it seems to make the runtime environment on the one agent unable to run it, now bear in mind I have included paramiko in the setup.py file and the .whl file is also in the extension.

My primary hypothesis is the 100 KB limit on extensions since paramiko is a large module and it goes well beyond the limit. However, the Remote Unix Monitoring 2.0 extension also include paramiko and is well over 10 MB runs perfectly on our environment.

So my questions are:

1- Am I correct in assuming that the 100KB limit is what's preventing the extension from working?

2- If so, is there a way to go around this limit like the Remote Unix Monitoring 2.0 extension?

Thanks,

Benji_Dynatrace

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi,

The limit is actually 25MB so that size should not be a problem. I'd say try with a support ticket as someone needs to have a look at the logs to troubleshoot it.

Mike

You're probably right, I think the package included doesn't seem to want to open, I have included it in my setup:

Benji12322_0-1712839718412.png

The version number is the same as my extension.yaml file:

Benji12322_1-1712839786470.png

and Paramiko is included in the lib in the extension:

Benji12322_2-1712839855537.png

Do you have any idea why it crashes on the one agent?

I've used paramiko primarily in ActiveGate extensions but occasionally in OneAgent extensions and haven't run across anything like that. Like Mike mentioned, it likely needs to be reviewed with support.

Featured Posts