cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep extension credentials locally, not to key in Dynatrace SaaS

Sij
Frequent Guest

How can we securely store extension credentials locally instead of inputting them directly into a SaaS platform? Our goal is to maintain the extension credentials locally, potentially utilising a locally managed key vault accessible directly by AG or one-agent. This approach is intended to circumvent the need to input credentials into the SaaS platform's front-end, such as database keys or SNMP credentials. If native support for this functionality is unavailable, are there customisation options available to achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is not possible with any of the out of the box extensions. You’d have to create your own Python extensions and implement the logic you need in there.

The Dynatrace SaaS platform is a very secure place to store your credentials though. Reach out through the chat to get information about all the validations we do.

Mike

Sij
Frequent Guest

Hi Mike , 

Thank you for your response. I'm new to Dynatrace. Could you please guide me on how to initiate a chat with you? I'd like to explore the security features related to storing credentials in Dynatrace SaaS. 

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The chat is in the top right or bottom left corner depending on your version of Dynatrace. See more information about the chat here: https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/how-our-new-chat-widget-helps-remove-technology-silos/

Mike

Featured Posts