cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating data into a SNMP custom device

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm in the process of collecting information about network devices, that I do not get by SNMP. I would like to associate that information with the corresponding custom device in Dynatrace, but I see two main issues:

• How to associate information to a certain SNMP device?
  • How to make it to the UI for the device? I believe this is a Unified Analysis View, and it is defined in the extension.

Does this ambition make sense? Has anyone managed to merge both types of data?

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Interested to hear Dynatrace's advice here. We've had similar and instead had to just make another SNMP custom extension to retrieve the data.  

I believe you are correct regarding the Unified Analysis View, saw a webinar on it and looks very powerful but just don't have the time to code such a thing.  Wish it were more drag-and-drop or UI builder like.

HigherEd

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@ct_27 

Unified Analysis View is really, really, powerful. We use it in another extension, and it's awesome!

Yes, I'm also into custom extensions, with specific OIDs, timings, etc. It's really not that difficult...

Antonio Sousa

jegron
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi @AntonioSousa 

You should use custom Toplogy model to map several datasources in a single entity.

For example :

jegron_0-1689231254700.png

The first one is about SNMP metrics :

jegron_1-1689231493704.png

And the second one is about Log metrics :

jegron_2-1689231545582.png

Then you have all your metrics/logs in a single entity page (and Davis can correlate them :)) :

Image_13_07_2023_09_05_collée.png

Sadly you can't organize your tiles from GUI for now.

You need to have a push a proper Unified Analysis template via extension :

Observability Engineer at Phenisys - Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts