cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to monitor the active gateway services using the DataPower plugin.

tagreen
Visitor

We're using the DataPower plugin.  I'm wondering if there is any way to monitor the number of active gateway transactions?  We've had some situations where transactions have stalled and we're hoping to catch this by monitoring for an excessive number of transactions.  Thank you for your assistance.

6 REPLIES 6

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I don’t seem to get any hits on “active gateway” transactions. Could you elaborate a bit? Is that a type of service?

Mike

Within DataPower it's a panel that is actually called Gateway Active Transactions.  Essentially, it will display any transaction that is currently running on the appliance.  Most of the metrics I've looked at report on completed transactions.  The situation we are trying to alert on is when transactions are stalled so they begin to build up until there are as many as 200 or 300 transactions that are active. 

tagreen
Visitor

I'm really looking for actively running transactions.  The situation we have run into is transactions begin to stall and do not complete.  They build up until there are 200 or 300 transactions all still active -- some active for more than 10 minutes.  I say running, but really they are just active.  Since they're not running, the timeouts set do not seem to apply.  We're working with IBM, but I was hoping we could detect and alert on this situation since it can get out of hand quickly.

Could you check if you can grab that number from the DataPower XML Management interface? If so we could consider adding it as part of the upcoming rewrite of the DataPower extension to Extension Framework 2.0.

Mike

You can.  You would use get-status with @class = "GatewayTransactions" and domain = "default".  If it's possible to add it, that would be great.  Thanks!

Nice, if you can add a product idea with just that info I will mark it as planned 👍 We’re planning to get to that extension after the summer.

Mike

Featured Posts